During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
JULY 12 PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“These are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God”. –John 20:31 (NLV)
Bottom Line: I can believe in Jesus
This week: Paul tells the people in Athens about the God who made everything, and how He gave us His Son, Jesus. Acts 17:16-34
Basic Truth: Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: No supplies needed
- DO: Have your family sit down at the table or in your livingroom... together!
- SAY:“Let’s get to know each other today. We’re going to be teachers and teach each other about ourselves. First, let’s teach each other what our favorite color is. (Pause.) Great job! I love learning all about you! Next, let’s teach each other what our favorite food is. (Pause.) Yum! You all have wonderful favorite foods! Now, let’s teach each other what we like to do when we go outside.” (Continue and finish activity.)
- Favorite color
- Favorite food
- What they like to do outside
- If they have a pet
- If they have brothers and sisters
- Favorite ice cream
- Favorite animal
- What they like to do with their family
- Favorite thing to do at church
- Favorite TV show
That was so much fun! Today, we’ll hear a Bible story about a man who went to a city to teach people all about Jesus!”
- Drive Time
- Give your child a clipboard, paper, and washable crayons as you get in the car. Tell them to draw something God made while you drive. When you get where you are going, ask your child to show you their drawing and tell you about it. When you get home, put it on the fridge as a reminder that God made the whole world and everything in it.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog: 15 MINUTES TO BEING A GREAT PARENT by Lauren Terrell
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.