Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
APRIL 16TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“I am alive for ever and ever!” Revelation 1:18, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus is alive.
This week: After Jesus comes back, He cooks breakfast for the disciples and spends time with them. John 21:1-14
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, scissors
- DO: Mix the pieces and place them face down. Encourage children to find the matching pictures by turning over two cards each turn they have. Encourage children to remember where each picture is. Continue until all matches are made. Repeat as desired.
- Say: "Come join me over here. I have a memory match game for us to play today! Let’s get started! [Child’s name], will you please turn over two pieces? (Pause.) Tell us what you see on the cards. Did you make a match? (Pause.) Okay, remember where these pictures are. (Parent flips the cards over.) [Child’s name], your turn. Pick two cards to turn over. (Pause.) What pictures did you find? (Say what the pictures are.) Did you make a match? (Continue until the matches are made.) Let’s look at all the pictures we found. (Describe each picture as your point to it.) That was fun! We’ll hear how each of these pictures fits in our story of when Jesus went away and came back.”
- DRIVE TIME
- While on the go, take turns naming breakfast foods. Talk about how Jesus cooked fish and bread for breakfast for His friends, the disciples.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"The Secret Ingredient For Having a Close Relationship With Your Kid" by Ted Lowe
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.