During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
MARCH 7th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12, NIV
Bottom Line: I CAN LOVE LIKE JESUS
This week: Jesus teaches that when we love others, we are like a shining light for the world to see. Luke 7:36-50
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, and tap light or flash light
- DO: Gather your child around the Game Cards. Give your child a tap light or flashlight. Show them how to turn them on and off. Read the cards one at a time. If the action is loving like Jesus, your child will shine their light. If the action is not loving like Jesus, they will not shine their light.
- SAY: "We’re going to play a game with light! (Give your child a tap light or flashlight.) This is how you make your light shine. (Demonstrate.) Got it? Good! Listen, and I’ll tell you how to play the game. In our Bible story today, we learned that when we love others the way Jesus loves us, it’s like we shine a light everywhere we go. That light tells people that Jesus loves them and He wants to be their friend forever. I will read these game cards (hold up cards) one at a time. If what I read is a way we can love like Jesus, I want you to make your light shine. If what I read is not how we love like Jesus, then make sure your light is off. Let’s try it!” (Read the game cards. If the children are having fun and want to continue playing, mix the cards up and go through them again or create your own scenarios.) Jesus told us that the most important thing for us to do is love others the way He loves us. That’s why when I ask you, ‘Who can love like Jesus?, I want you to say [Bottom Line] ‘I can love like Jesus.’ Who can love like Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus. You sure can! And when we love others the way Jesus loves us, we shine our light. That light tells the world that Jesus loves them and He wants to be their friend forever!”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning! It's time to wake up and love like Jesus! I'm going to start by loving...YOU!" Hug your child or tickle their tummy when you say, "YOU!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"10 Affirmations for the Worried Parent" with Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.