During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
OCTOBER 31ST PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid . . . for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me to do big things.
This week: King David praises God to say, "Thank You!" 2 Samuel 6:12-15
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, craft stick or yarn, scissors, glue, & sharpie
- DO: Encourage children to decorate their mask. Talk about how we can praise God for making us to do big things.
- SAY: “Every super kid needs a superhero mask. Let’s sit at the table and make one. Color your mask and decorate it with stickers so it’s as super as you are. (Pause.) Great! Hold it up to your face and repeat after me. God made me to do big things. (Repeat.) He did, and we can praise God just like David did in our story today. David knew that God made him to do big things, so he celebrated and praised God. David saved a sheep from a lion when he was a shepherd. David battled the giant, Goliath, when others were too afraid, and he knocked him to the ground. When David became king, he helped take care of Jonathan’s son, Mephibosheth. God made David to do so many big things, and that’s why David praised God by dancing and making music and singing songs. David praised God because he wanted to say thank you. God made us to do big things, so we can celebrate and praise God, too. Who made you to do big things? [Bottom Line] God made me to do big things.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning! I’m so proud of you."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Planning Can Make You a More Present Parent" by Stephanie Thomas
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.