During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
OCTOBER 10TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid . . . for the Lord your God goes with you." Deuteronomy 31:6, NIV
Bottom Line: God made me to do big things.
This week:David trusts that God is with him and has the strength and courage to protect the sheep from a lion. 1 Samuel 17:34-37
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, glue, scissors, craft sticks & crayons
- DO:Give each child a lion, a sheep, and two jumbo craft sticks. Tell them to glue each cutout to a craft stick. Once their lion and sheep stick puppets are ready, review the Bible story using your own set of lion and sheep stick puppets. Encourage the children to follow along with their stick puppets as you review the Bible story. Talk about how God made David to do big things anywhere, even in the middle of a field with sheep.
- SAY: “Come sit with me. I will help you make a lion and a sheep. In our Bible story, David did something really big. He protected his sheep (hold up a complete sheep stick puppet) from a hungry lion. (Hold up a complete lion stick puppet.) Let’s make a lion and a sheep for you. First, I need you to glue this lion to a stick. (Assist when needed.) Now you need to glue this sheep to a stick. (Assist when needed.) There! You have a lion and a sheep like me! Let’s tell the Bible story together using our lion and sheep. Just do what I do. One day, David was in a field watching his sheep. (Make the sheep “walk” around.) David knew taking care of the sheep was a big thing to do, because God made him to do big things, anywhere. While David watched the sheep, a hungry lion came prowling around. (Make the lion “walk” near the sheep.) Oh, no! The lion will try to eat the sheep! Well, David was a good shepherd. He was not going to let a lion hurt his sheep. So he quickly ran to the lion and it ran away. (Make the lion run away.) Yay! David the super shepherd did a very big thing and protected the sheep!” (Make the sheep “dance” around.) God made David to do big things anywhere, even while taking care of sheep in a field. God made us to do big things anywhere, too. It doesn’t matter where we are, God has big things for us to do. So tell me, who made you to do big things? [Bottom Line] God made me to do big things. Again! Who made you to do big things? [Bottom Line] God made me to do big things.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, help us to show Your love to others when we go to school, or to the grocery store, or to church, or in our neighborhood."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How Planning Can Make You a More Present Parent" by Stephanie Thomas
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.