During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
SEPTEMBER 26TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“We have the Lord our God to help us.” 2 Chronicles 32:8, NLT
Bottom Line: God is always with me.
This week: Queen Esther is strong and asks the king to save her family and friends from Haman's mean plan. Esther 2:2-8:17
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons and markers, heart stickers & a pen.
- DO:Encourage the children to color their paper then draw a crown on her head. Add heart stickers or draw them around Esther too.
- SAY: “Today, we heard a great story about a strong girl named Esther. Let’s make a picture of Esther to help us remember that God is always with us and always loves us. Color the picture of Esther. (Pause.) Esther was picked to marry the king because she was very beautiful. She was going to be the queen. Draw a crown on Esther’s head. (Pause.) But one day, one of the king’s workers decided to do something very mean to Esther’s family. He told the king he should get rid of God’s people. Esther loved God, and this made her very upset! Esther knew she could not let this happen, so she had to go to the king; but that was scary! Esther knew that God was with her and that He would make her strong. Put the heart sticker on Esther or draw them around Esther. Esther asked the king to save her family, and the king said yes! He would save God’s people! Esther’s friends and family were safe. Esther knew that God was always with her and made her strong. And God can make you strong, too, because He is always with you. Who is always with you? [Bottom Line] God is always with me.”
- Bath Time
- Go through your day with your child, and name all the places you’ve been. Tell your child that God was with us at each and every place, and God is with you now too.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"3 Ways to Ease Back Into In-Person Events Again" by Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.