Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
AUGUST 15th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Great is our Lord and mighty in power.” Psalm 147:5, NIV
Bottom Line:God is powerful.
This week: God does something only He can do and makes water come out of a rock. Exodus 17:1-7
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons and blue marker
- DO: Encourage them to color the page. Then, help them to color the rocks with their blue marker as the water.
- SAY: “When Moses struck the rock, what happened? (Pause.) Water came out! Isn’t that crazy? Only God could do something like that! Who do you see on this page? (Pause.) Yes, it’s Moses, and he’s holding his staff. Let’s color the page. What happened when Moses hit the rock with his staff? (Pause.) That’s right! Water for the people to drink came from the rock. Let’s color the rock with our blue marker as the water. These look beautiful! Only God is powerful enough to get water from a rock! Who is powerful? [Bottom Line] God is powerful. Great job, friends!”
- Drive Time
- While on the go, ask your child “What are some things that you need?” Talk about the difference between what we need and what we want.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"8 Confidence-Building Truths Every Kid Should Hear from Their Parent" by Lauren Terrell
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.