During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
AUGUST 1st PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Great is our Lord and mighty in power.” Psalm 147:5, NIV
Bottom Line:God is powerful.
This week: God uses His power to make everything, including people. Genesis 1:26; Psalm 139:14
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons & markers
- DO: Encourage children to draw themselves while you review the Bible Story.
- SAY: “On your paper, is the shape of a gingerbread person, I want you to use this paper to draw yourself. (Pause.) Think of how wonderfully God made you and draw all those things. (Pause.) Your pictures are as wonderful as you are! Say that with me, ‘I am wonderful.’ (Repeat.) Say it again. I am wonderful. (Repeat.) Nice job! Our story today started with nothing. God created the world from nothing. He made the plants, animals, trees, sun, and the ocean all from His power. Then, God made His most amazing creation: people! God made us creative, smart, and to be good helpers. God made us all different shapes, sizes, and colors. He made each of us different, and we are all wonderful! God made us with His power, and He made us wonderful! Who is powerful? [Bottom Line] God is powerful.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child’s room, say “Good morning! I’m so glad God made you!”
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"8 Confidence-Building Truths Every Kid Should Hear from Their Parent" by Lauren Terrell
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.