During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
MARCH 28th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12, NIV
Bottom Line: I CAN LOVE LIKE JESUS
This week: The crowd shouts "Hosanna" and spreads coats and palm branches on the road when they see Jesus. Matthew 21:1-16
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, markers, scissors, hole punch, and yarn
- DO: Encourage children to decorate their car front and back. Tie one length of yarn to the front and back of the car on one side and the other length of yarn to the front and back of the car on the other side. Write child’s name on their car. Hang over their shoulders like suspenders. Drive around the room, beep horn, and say, “Yay, Jesus!”
- SAY: “Friends, come sit with me. We’re going to make a car to drive around and celebrate Jesus. We have the front of the car with the license plate that says, ‘I can love like Jesus,’ and the back of the car with a license plate that says, ‘Yay, Jesus!’ Decorate both parts of your car. (Pause.) Nice job! Now, let me add the yarn to both sides. (Pause.) Okay, let’s put these on and drive around with me. (Pause.) Stop right here and shout, ‘Yay, Jesus!’ (Repeat.) Okay, let’s drive some more. (Pause.) Stop and shout, ‘Yay, Jesus!’ (Repeat.) Let’s keep driving. (Repeat as long as desired.) Park your cars right where you are. The people in our story were so excited to see Jesus that they waved their palm branches and shouted, ‘Hosanna! Hosanna! Yay, Jesus!’ But we don’t have to have a palm branch to celebrate Jesus. We can sing, we can dance, we can pray, and we can yell ‘Yay, Jesus!’ every day! The best way we can celebrate Jesus is to love like Him. Who can love like Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus.”
- Bath Time
- Add a toy person to bath time along with some extra wash cloths. Show your child how to spread the wash clothes along the edge of the tub and walk the toy person on top of the wash clothes. Talk about how Jesus rode a donkey into Jerusalem. The people were so excited they spread coats and leaves on the road for Jesus to ride over, and they shouted, "Hosanna! Hosanna! Yay Jesus!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"10 Affirmations for the Worried Parent" with Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.