During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
MARCH 21st PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:12, NIV
Bottom Line: I CAN LOVE LIKE JESUS
This week: Jesus commands us to love one another the same way He loves us. John 13:34-35
Core Insight: TRANSFORMATION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons, markers and stickers
- DO: Encourage children to decorate their frame then write the child’s name in the blank area at the top. Read what the frame says and talk about how your child can love like Jesus.
- SAY: “Hello, friends! Today, we heard a story about how Jesus showed His love for His friends. Can you show love like Jesus? (Pause.) Yes, yes you can! We will decorate this frame so you can add your picture to it. Use the [crayons, markers or stickers] to make it super special. (Pause.) Fantastic! Now, we can put your picture right in the middle of your paper. (Pause.) Great! Your frame says, ‘[Child’s name] can love like Jesus.’ We can love like Jesus by helping our friends, by sharing, and by saying kind words. Who can love like Jesus? [Bottom Line] I can love like Jesus.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child this month and pray, "Dear God, sometimes it's hard to love everyone the way Jesus loves everyone. Thank You for sending Jesus to be our friend forever and help us love like Him. I know, as long as Jesus is with us, [name of child]and I can love like Jesus. You're the best, God, and we love You very much. In Jesus' name, amen."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"10 Affirmations for the Worried Parent" with Holly Crawshaw
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.