During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
FEBRUARY 7th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17, NIV
Bottom Line: JESUS LOVES ME
This week: Jesus tells His friends, the disciples, to let the children come to Him. Luke 18:15-16
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, glue and crayons
- DO: Encourage children to glue down the children in the picture with Jesus.
- SAY: “Today in our story, we heard about some really important people who came to hear Jesus teach. They were boys and girls, just like you! Look on your paper; it’s Jesus! Jesus has his arms stretched out, waiting for the children to come to Him. Glue your children to Jesus’ arms. (Pause.) Great job! Jesus was teaching to a crowd of people—lots of big people. There were moms and dads, aunts and uncles, teachers and doctors, and carpenters and fishermen. But some other people wanted to come and listen to Jesus. They were really important people . . . they were children. The disciples stopped them, but Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me.’ Jesus stretched His arms wide open and the children came to Him. Jesus loves you and you and you. Jesus loves all the children because children are important to Him. Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me.”
- Morning Time
- When you go into your child's room, say, "Good morning! Is there anyone in here that Jesus loves? (Look around like you don't see your child.) Anyone? (Look at your child.) Oh! Yes! YOU! Jesus loves YOU!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Discovering Your Child’s Love Language" with Gary Chapman
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.