During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
FEBRUARY 28th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17, NIV
Bottom Line: JESUS LOVES ME
This week: A woman goes to Jesus and shows how thankful she is by washing His feet. Luke 7:36-50
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons & heart stickers
- DO: Color activity page and allow children to place heart shaped stickers around the page.
- SAY: "We heard a really neat story today how Jesus loves, us no matter what we’ve done. The woman in our story was so happy and thankful that Jesus loved her. Let’s add some love to your picture. Jesus loves you just as much as He loved the woman in our story today. She came to where Jesus and the people were eating dinner. The people at the dinner knew this woman had made some bad choices and thought she shouldn’t be there. She sat down at Jesus’ feet and cried. She cried because Jesus had forgiven her, and she washed His feet with her tears. She dried His feet with her hair then poured perfume on them. Jesus knew everything the woman had done, and He could see how sorry she was and how much she loved Him. Jesus said, ‘Woman you are forgiven. Now go in peace.’ There is nothing you or I could ever do that would make Jesus stop loving us. Who loves you? [Bottom Line] Jesus loves me.”
- Bath Time
- Let your child pick some toy friends to bathe. Show your child how to wet them with water and then dry them. Talk about how the woman in the Bible story wet Jesus' feet with her tears and then dried them with her hair. She was so thankful that Jesus loved her no matter what.
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Discovering Your Child’s Love Language" with Gary Chapman
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.