During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
DECEMBER 20TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son.
This week: Shepherds run to see God's Son, Jesus, after an angel tells them that He has been born. Luke 2:8-20
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, red crayons, cotton balls, glue stick, marker, scissors
- DO: Write “Jesus is God’s son.” Then encourage the children to color the other side of the candy cane red. Have the children make stripes of glue on the candy cane shape and cover them with cotton balls to make white stripes.
- SAY: “What does this shape look like? (Pause.) It could be a hook, or a ‘J’ (hold it up like the letter J), or a candy cane! In our Bible story today, we learned about some shepherds. Shepherds take care of sheep. They use a crook to guide the sheep where they want them to go. Well a crook looks a lot like a candy cane. Let’s make this look like a candy cane by adding some white stripes. Glue some lines on your candy cane then cover them with cotton balls. (Pause.) Wow! Super job. Now, flip it over, and let’s read so you can know where to find our story in the Bible. (Pause.) Perfect! The shepherds in our Bible story were visited by one angel who told them the wonderful news that Jesus, God’s Son, had been born. Then the sky was filled with angels praising God and saying ‘Glory to God in the highest!’ When the angels left, the shepherds quickly went to find Baby Jesus in the manger. Once they saw Him, they knew that everyone needed to know that Jesus was born. Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child this month and pray, "Dear God, thank You for loving the world so much that You gave us Jesus to be our friend forever. Help us to tell everyone that Jesus is God's Son, just like the shepherds did so long ago. We want everyone to know the good news! We love You, God. In Jesus' name, amen."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"Families Only Spend 37 Minutes Together a Day: Make Them Count" by Stephanie Thomas
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.