Welcome to The Preschool Blog
We hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
You can also find this content on our Heights App.
JANUARY 1st PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
“Everyone who heard him was amazed.” Luke 2:47, NIV
Bottom Line: Jesus is Amazing
This week: Mary and Joseph find Jesus in the temple courts with teachers who are amazed at what He says. Luke 2:41-50
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Video – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, crayons or markers, glue, and scissors
- DO:Encourage children to locate young Jesus in the crowd and color Him. Then have them color the people in the crowd. Help children fold their paper, making sure the cut side faces up. Then have them place glue Mary on one side of the cut and Joseph on the other side. Demonstrate how to open the flaps to find Jesus.
- SAY: “Today in our Bible story, we learned that when Jesus was a young boy, He and his parents, Mary and Joseph, went to a big celebration in the city of Jerusalem! It was so much fun! When the party was over, they all went home. But Jesus stayed and went to the Temple. Look, Jesus is in the Temple. Color Jesus. (Pause.) The grown-ups are listening to Jesus talk about God. Color the people listening to Jesus. (Pause.) Great job. Fold your paper in half. (Pause.) We heard in our story that Jesus’ parents, Mary and Joseph, couldn’t find Jesus. They didn’t know that He had stayed at the Temple. So they went to look for Him. Glue Mary on your paper. (Pause.) Now glue Joseph on your paper. (Pause.) Great! When Mary and Joseph got to the Temple (open the doors of the temple), they saw Jesus talking about God with grown-ups. Jesus is amazing! Open the doors on your paper. Do you see Jesus, too? (Pause.) Yes! There He is. Jesus was talking to grown-ups about God. They were so AMAZED at what Jesus knew. Jesus was so wise, no other twelve-year-old was like Him. He was amazing! There was one problem, Mary and Joseph didn’t know that Jesus stayed at the Temple. They were on their way home when they realized Jesus wasn’t with them! Oh, no! So Mary and Joseph went right back to the city to look for Jesus. They looked and looked and looked everywhere, then they finally found Him! It was amazing that twelve-year-old Jesus was talking about God with grown-ups! He was so wise and knew so much about God. Jesus is God’s Son, and Jesus is AMAZING! Who is amazing? [Bottom Line] Jesus is amazing.”
- MORNING TIME
- When you go into your child’s room, say: "Good morning, [child's name]! Let's do what Jesus teaches us to do, like love everyone, because Jesus is amazing!"
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"How to Set Your Family Values ” by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.