During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
DECEMBER 13TH PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16
Bottom Line: Jesus is God's Son.
This week: Joseph and Mary travel to Bethlehem where Jesus, God's Son, is born. Luke 2:1-7
Core Insight: CONNECTION
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Pages, scissors, markers
- DO:The children will cut out the pictures and use them to recreate the nativity.
- SAY: “Come sit with me! We’re going to make today’s Bible story with these story pictures (hold up story picture cutouts)!” First, we have Mary. (Hold up Mary.) The angel told Mary she would have a special baby named Jesus. [Child’s name], will you put Mary here in our stable? Thank you! Next, we have Joseph. (Hold up Joseph.) Mary and Joseph traveled all the way to a town called Bethlehem before Baby Jesus was born. [Child’s name], will you put Joseph here in our stable? Thank you! When Mary and Joseph got to Bethlehem, there were no rooms for them to sleep. Someone told them they could sleep in the stable where the animals slept. I need lots of helpers to put animals in our stable. Now I will give you an animal to put around our stable. Then, the most exciting thing happened! Baby Jesus was born! (Hold up Baby Jesus in a manger and glue/tape it in the center of the stable between Mary and Joseph.) And why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son! Christmas is all about celebrating Jesus’ birthday! (Point to Baby Jesus.) It’s all about when Jesus was born. Why is Jesus special? [Bottom Line] Jesus is God’s Son!”
- Drive Time
- As you drive or take a walk, look for animals. Can you find a dog, cat, bird, or even a squirrel? As you name the animals, talk about what it might have been like for Mary and Joseph to sleep where animals did. It wasn't that special of a place, but the most special baby ever was born there! JESUS! Jesus is special because Jesus is God's Son!
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"A Letter to Parents Who Hurt During the Holidays" by Leah Jennings
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.