During this time when we can’t meet together in our physical spaces, we hope that these following weekly resources will provide an online option for you and your family to stay consistent. These resources are what your preschoolers experience on a weekly basis, so we are excited for you as parents to take part with your child!
We love you and are praying that God brings comfort and peace during this time. Below you will find this week’s resources. You can also find this content on our Heights App – found in the Apple App or Google Play stores.
NOVEMBER 14th PRESCHOOL CURRICULUM
"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart.” Psalm 111:1, ESV
Bottom Line: I can thank God for everything.
This week: Jonathan gives David his coat, sword, bow, and belt to show how thankful he is for their friendship. 1 Samuel 18:1-4
- Parent Guide – Use this parent guide to help you walk through discipling your preschooler this week
- Story Video – Each week there will be a new Story Video to watch (from Orange Media)
- Memory Verse Song – Your preschooler will learn this month’s memory verse along with hand signals
- Home Connection
- NEED: Activity Page, crayons or markers
- DO: Encourage children to draw a coat and belt on the gingerbread David.
- SAY: “Today, we heard a story about a guy named David and his friend, Jonathan. This little gingerbread man will be David from our story. David was a shepherd who took care of sheep. Jonathan was the son of the king and lived in a palace. They were good friends and loved spending time together. One time, Jonathan was so thankful for his friend David that he gave him his coat. Draw the coat on David. (Pause.) And he gave David his belt. Draw Jonathan’s belt on David. (Pause.) What a great friend! David was so thankful that God gave him a friend like Jonathan. I’m so glad God gives us friends. We can show how thankful we are for our friends by sharing, saying kind words, and lots of other ways. Who can you thank for everything? [Bottom Line] I can thank God for everything.”
- Cuddle Time
- Cuddle with your child and pray: "God, we thank You for our friends. Help us to be a good friend by sharing, using kind words, and helping."
- Weekly Activities
- Parent Cue Blog:"50 Things to be Grateful for Right Now" by Parent Cue
We’d love to connect with you on our social media accounts and see how your experience with your preschoolers is going. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram and then tag us in your photos and posts.