Women of The Heights
There are some exciting ministry opportunities coming up and we wanted to let you know about many of the current and future happenings around The Heights. As a church, we are on mission to “take personal risks to bring the gospel to every relationship.” To do this, we are emphasizing six personal CROSSROADS that have been identified as likely areas where we spend a majority of our time. These are the places and people that God has strategically positioned us around, in order to live out our mission of taking risks that lead to sharing the love of the Lord. Listed below we have included ministry opportunities that are both areas you can serve in (Missions) and ways you can get connected in order to grow in your walk with Christ (Groups). We hope these will be helpful for you as you live on mission 24/7.
GROUPS Ministry Opportunities:
- IF:Heights 2017 – Save the Date for April 22, 2017. Click here for more information.
- Spring Bible Studies – Click Here to download PDF
Listed below are our six CROSSROADS along with a brief explanation of each. These descriptions will help you to identify an area that you can specifically invest in as an outlet to sharing the gospel. In addition to these descriptions, we have also included a link to a survey. This survey is helping our staff to build a comprehensive list of all those in The Heights who have identified with each of the six CROSSROADS. These lists will then allow us to keep you informed of trainings, resources, and opportunities that will encourage and develop your personal ministries within your specific CROSSROAD. See link and explanation of each ministry focus below.
Where I Live: initiating relationships with those that live closest to us.
• Neighborhood Bible Studies – Being intentional with leading Bible study and growth in our neighborhoods. Bekah Russ, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Neighborhood Ministry – We don’t have to go far to find people in need, your neighborhood could be a great untapped ministry. – John Wills, email@example.com
• Apartment Life – Sending people into apartment communities to show the love of the Lord by simply loving their neighbors. – Ashlee Cobb, firstname.lastname@example.org
Where I Work: reaching out to those you interact with on a regular basis in your work environment.
• Lunchtime Conversation Starters – Simple questions designed to bring about deeper conversations with your co-workers and friends. – Bekah Russ, email@example.com
• JobSeekers – Exists to minister to unemployed and underemployed people through Biblically based spiritual encouragement with focus on God’s sovereignty and faithfulness. – Stephen Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Polished (formerly Polish) – Reaching young, professional women, through a ministry-hosted monthly luncheon designed to connect them to each other and discuss career + faith. – Sarah Conner, email@example.com
My Kids World: cultivating relationships with those involved in your children’s extracurriculars.
• This is a new ministry focus for The Heights. Partnerships are currently being developed to enable further opportunities to expand this CROSSROAD. However, for now this CROSSROAD specifically focuses on intentionally investing in relational connections with those you encounter through your children’s activities.
Park Central: engaging with the families that live and work in an area south of The Heights, that is largely first generation, Hispanic-Americans.
• Apartment Ministry – Exists to engage the community by building trust-relationships through the children, youth and adult programs in the apartments in the Park Central area. – Ashlee Cobb, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bukhair Elementary Special Events – Providing additional volunteers to help meet the needs for special events at our Richardson ISD partner school, Bukhair Elementary – Georgia Kruse, email@example.com
• Kid’s Beach Club – An innovative ministry established to mobilize the church to go out into the community and engage with students in order to share the message of Christ, also at Bukhair. – Nancy Joyner, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kids Hope Mentors – Develops one-on-one relationships through the creation of church-school partnerships that pair church members with at-risk kids in supportive, mentoring relationships. – Linda Baity, email@example.com
• Dallas Christian Women’s Job Corps – Dedicated to changing lives by assisting women in becoming self-sufficient and independent. – Ashlee Cobb, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Richardson Adult Literacy Center (RALC) – Transforms lives by providing English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction to adults who live or work in Richardson or Richardson ISD area. – Ashlee Cobb, email@example.com
UTD / International Students: stepping out to serve the foreign student who is new to the United States.
• Baptist Student Ministries: Tuesday Lunch – Along with Baptist Student Ministries, the Heights hosts a free lunch for students to learn about Jesus on the UTD campus. – Shelley Lane, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Friendship Partners – Building friendships with one UTD student as you welcome them to American culture, learn about their home and have an opportunity to share Jesus. – Ashlee Cobb, email@example.com
• Heights Home Group – Partnered with International Students, INC., to provide gatherings in your home, friendship to UTD students, and activities in the Dallas area. – Ashlee Cobb, firstname.lastname@example.org
Justice Works: giving a voice to those who are marginalized in our community.
• Jesus Said Love – Ministry that exists to share the revolutionary love of Christ with women involved in the adult nightclub industry. – Ashlee Cobb, email@example.com
• Quilted Blessings – Faithful Heights women who quilt blankets for those in need. – Pat Tallman, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Prayer Shawl Ministry – A committed group of women who knit “shawls” for those who are undergoing various illnesses and life struggles. – Mary Niven, email@example.com and Gaye Ratcliff, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Circle of Friends – Ministering to adults with cognitive disabilities in our community. – Rachel Watson, email@example.com
Sunday Morning Bible Fellowships
|Friendship||64-90||A01||Explore the Bible curriculum, for women;
Meets at 8:00
|Proverbs 31 Women||23-48||235||For Single women & women with young families;
Meets at 9:15
|Frances SoRelle||48-64||209||Bible study for women of all ages/marital status;
Meets at 9:15
Please contact Rebekah Russ at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions related to Women’s Ministry.