The Men’s Ministry of The Heights is dedicated to helping men become actively involved in Christ-centered ministries:
- Expand the Kingdom of Christ by fulfilling the Great Commission. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Fulfill our Biblical role and responsibilities as a servant, son, friend, husband and father. (Ephesians 5:31 and 6:4, Romans 12:10-21)
- Provide greater support for our church and ministerial staff through prayer, time, talents and financial resources. (Matthew 6:19-21)
- Provide encouragement and support to members of The Heights: single parents, widows and widowers, senior citizens, and others in need. (Romans 12:10-13)
- Serve as positive role models and mentors to new Christians and the young men at The Heights. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Encourage men to become involved in at least one small group by making a long-term commitment.
- Promote a “Handy Man Ministry” and “Building Ministry.”
- Prison Ministry
The Power Hour
Men at The Heights, we have a great opportunity to Invest and Invite men in your neighborhood or workplace. The Power Hour meets every Friday morning at 6:00 a.m. for coffee, and a Bible study from 6:30 – 7:30.
Evening classes for men were soon started, using the same BSF Four-Fold Approach. These classes challenge men to read and study their Bibles using the prepared questions during the week, then to interact in their discussion group and listen to the lecture at the BSF evening class. If you’re interested, please visit the BSF website.
For information on other men’s groups, please contact Chris Havard.