Make a Difference. Pray Intentionally.
Our goal is to have someone praying every hour of the day, every day of the week.
When you volunteer to become an active part of the Upper Room Prayer Ministry, you will be given a reserved time each week that is convenient to your schedule. You may come into the Prayer Room to pray, or you may pray at home.
In the Prayer Room, you will find two folders:
- The first folder contains individual prayer requests that people have called in. It also contains sections for Military requests, Job Seeker requests, and Missionaries to pray for. Each request has a spot to initial when you have prayed for that request.
- The second folder contains the church hospital report, Sunday Bulletin prayer request, and the Wednesday Prayer and Praise Newsletter.
To reserve a Prayer Room time, please call Shelly at 972-238-7243 (ext. 215).
Prayer Grams are available for our Prayer Warriors to mail to individuals for whom we have prayer requests. You may also write your own personal prayer message of hope and encouragement, and of God’s love and promises.
Prayer requests may be made by calling 972-671-PRAY. Please leave your name, telephone number, and address for receipt of Prayer Grams. Prayer Warriors are responsible for checking these messages, entering the requests on a Prayer Request form, and placing it in the folder.
You may also submit a prayer request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted requests are prayed for daily up to 30 days. Updates are required to extend this period.
The ACTS Method of Prayer
- ADORATION: Take a moment to praise God for His omnipotence and His promise to go before you.
- CONFESSION: Confess and let go of any sin.
- THANKSGIVING: Thank God for those things you are thankful for.
- SUPPLICATION: Pray for others. Be specific for who and what you pray.
Our Inspiration for the Upper Room Prayer Ministry
I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, who shall never hold their peace day nor night; Ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence, and give Him no rest, till He establish and till He make Jerusalem a praise in the earth. Isaiah 62:6-7