WELCOME TO PARENT DEDICATION
This event has been planned with you in mind. Our pastoral staff and preschool staff are partnering to help you begin a Faith Plan for your child. This begins with dedicating yourself, as a parent, to raise your child to know and love God.
In an effort to maintain consistency at all Parent Dedication opportunities, the Pastoral Staff and Preschool Ministry of The Heights will follow the below guidelines when making decisions about participation in special circumstances.
- There is no minimum parent age for participation.
- A couple that is not cohabitating and want to dedicate their child together – may participate if they both fulfill requirements to participate.
- A teen parent is living with parents (child’s grandparents) and all 3 want to participate – The parent only may participate. This is a Parent Dedication. Grandparents can participate in congregational covenant.
- Couple is cohabitating and only one person wants to dedicate – this is not permitted.
- Want to participate and plan to marry – exception will be made if wedding date is set.
- Want to participate and no plans to marry – this is not permitted.
Divorced or Separated
- Want to participate together- yes, this will be permitted with a personal meeting to make sure both are intending to make commitment and to confirm there is no friction.
- If only one Parent wants to participate – yes.
- Before adoption – not recommended, but can make exception if they are in formal process.
- Maximum age of child being dedicated – preschool age.
We are honored to partner with you from the very beginning of your journey as parents. We want to be a consistent source of encouragement, strength, and resources as you raise your child to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
In order to best prepare you for this special event, you are asked to attend an orientation meeting (required for participation). At this meeting, you will receive all the details you need to ensure the celebration day runs smoothly for you and your family—well, as smoothly as it can be when there are kids involved!